Getting that perfect smile can take time and effort. It will require the help of your dentist, of course, who will suggest a number of great options. Cosmetic dentistry is dedicated to providing people with the results they want when it comes to getting great looking teeth. If you are thinking of visiting your dentist to see what he or she can offer, we want to ensure you know what to expect. Below, you will find a bit about the many different options your dentist might recommend you turn to when it comes to fixing your teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: This is probably the simplest option and one that can transform your smile. Teeth whitening can be done at the dentist’s office in a short amount of time and it will take off discoloration and stains from your teeth, making them pearly white once more.
- Veneers: If you are missing teeth or you have damaged teeth, your dentist might suggest veneers. These work like caps that are placed over your real teeth and which look just like natural teeth. Many people wear them, including actors and actresses, and because they are easy to clean and care for, they can be a great option.
- Dental Implants: If you have missing teeth, the best way to get a new one in place is to turn to a dental implant. These implants are made of metal, usually titanium, and are installed right into the jaw. They are permanent, unlike bridges, and they allow a false tooth to be put in place easily. No one will be able to tell that you have implants.
- Crowns: Crowns are used like caps and placed over broken teeth or other damaged teeth to protect them from further damage. They are made of ceramic or acrylic and can are very strong so that chewing does not damage them. They tend to be on the expensive side, though, so it is important to speak with your dentist about them.
- Teeth Shaping: Teeth shaping is done by carving the enamel of a tooth. If you have a tooth that is too large or that is not shaped correctly, this technique can be very effective in getting it to be normal.
- Tooth Bonding: If part of your tooth is gone or damaged, your dentist might recommend tooth bonding. Tooth colored materials are added to the tooth so that it looks brand new. For people who do not want crowns or veneers, this can be another option.
A clinic like Riverfront Dental Designs specializes in cosmetic dentistry of all types. If you have teeth that could look better, then why not turn to experts who can help you? Whether you need whitening, veneers, implants, or any other procedure, you will want to consider cosmetic dentistry options. Ask about the procedures and be sure to do lots of research about their costs and how long they take. You want to be informed when you speak with your dentist so that you can both choose the best solution.