There are some things regarding your finances that are so complicated that hiring a professional is the only option. For some people, filing their taxes can be so complicated that they have to turn to a professional CPA to help them out. For others, learning about how they should be investing or saving their money is beyond them so they turn to financial advisors and other such experts to help them out. Bond compliance is certainly one of these things. Bond compliance is a complicated trade that is constantly changing as the laws surrounding it change. Thus, the majority of people with bonds or engaging in arbitrage turn to professionals to help them out. If you’re ready to turn to such a person or firm, there are some things you should know before you start looking. Put simply, there are five key services that your bond compliance professional should offer. Here they are.
1. Compliance calculations. First and foremost, the firm or professional that you hire should assist you with your compliance calculations. Actually, a better way to put it would be to say that they should not assist you with them, but instead should take care of them completely. Unless you’ve worked in the bond compliance industry for decades you’re really not qualified to handle compliance calculations. Make sure this is one of the services the firm you hire offers.
2. Legal review. The second thing that they should do for you is perform a legal review. This is where they look at everything that your bond compliance has to do with to ensure that everything you’ve done is right under the letter of the law. If there are any issues or discrepancies they should be able to handle them for you so you don’t have any legal issues to deal with throughout the process.
3. Arbitrage rebate calculation. Along the lines of compliance calculations, the firm that you hire should offer arbitrage rebate calculations.
4. Record retention services. Along with many other things, the IRS has a number of record retention requirements. If you’re anything like me you understand precious little about this topic, so make sure the firm you hire offers this service so you don’t have to worry about it.
5. IRS defense. Finally, the firm or professional that you hire should offer IRS defense. This means that if you are audited by the IRS after you file your taxes that they will work with you to ensure that the audit goes as smoothly as possible.
If you’re looking for these services one of the best firms to go with is Arbitrage Compliance Specialists. They have a 100% record when it comes to defending their clients against the IRS. That’s perfect for those of you out there counting, so when you go with them you’ll never have to worry about that. They also offer a number of other services in addition to the five listed above. To learn about their firm and see why they’re the choice of so many people across the country, click on the following link: www.rebatebyacs.com.