When it comes to choosing braces over other teeth straightening methods, then you will find that there are many pros and cons for braces. As with any type of teeth straightening option that you may have, there will be advantages and disadvantages to anything that you will choose. Listed here are some of the pros and cons that come along with traditional wire braces.
Here are the pros that come with traditional wire braces:
- They are proven to work. One of the major reasons that you should get braces over any other type of teeth straightening method is that they work. When you get braces, you will know that they will work and that your teeth will wind up straight after the process is done.
- They work for extreme cases. Braces are also effective for very extreme cases and can help fix teeth that are too close together as well as too far apart. They can fix crooked teeth as well as misaligned jaws.
- They are now more discreet then before. Your braces can also be more discreet then they used to be. You can now get braces that will look less flashy or obvious then the older versions of wire braces. This will be helpful for anyone that is feeling self conscious about getting braces.
- They cost less than other methods. They will also be cheaper than other versions of teeth straightening methods.
Here are the cons that come along with orthodontic traditional wire braces:
- They require a restricted food list. One of the major cons is that you will have a restricted food list that you must follow. This can be bad for your oral health if you eat foods that are sticky or gooey. It can also be bad as it can get stuck in your braces and make for embarrassing moments.
- You can’t take them off until your orthodontist removes them.
- They may hurt. Braces can also hurt at times and cannot be removed until the process is complete.
- You may feel self-conscious.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons that come along with traditional wire braces. You will want to discuss your options with your orthodontist in order to come up with the right choices for your particular needs. If you have a severe case, then you may not be able to use other forms of teeth straightening methods. Braces are the most commonly used form of teeth straightening method as well as the most effective.
If you have questions or want to discuss your options further with an orthodontist, then you nee to find the right orthodontist that can help you make the best decision for your needs. There are many great orthodontists out there so it is important to find one that will accept your insurance and will help you with all of your options. You can start by calling in the professionals over at Garai Orthodontic Specialists. They are the leading orthodontic experts and can help you find the right solutions for your needs.