When it comes to pros and cons for Invisalign, then you will find that the pros far outweigh the cons with this new technology that straightens your teeth. However, there are some pros and cons that may be non negotiable as with any type of teeth straightening method that you are considering for your smile. You will also want to consider these pros and cons as they will vary pending on your particular situation.
Invisalign is a new teeth straightening method that offers the ability to straighten your teeth while also alleviating some of the headaches and hassles that came with older teeth straightening methods such as traditional braces. Invisalign works as clear, plastic aligners that are placed in your mouth and fitted for your teeth. They are changed around every two weeks in order to ensure that your teeth are constantly changing and evolving into the teeth that you want them to be.
As there are pros and cons for all teeth straightening methods, listed here are the pros and cons for using Invisalign as your teeth straightening method of choice over braces.
Here are the pros for choosing to use Invisalign:
- They are clear. One pro for choosing Invisalign over braces is that they are clear and nearly invisible. There are braces that are clear now as well but Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners so that they are even harder to detect in your mouth then traditional braces.
- They are plastic. Another pro for choosing Invisalign is that they are plastic. This means that you won’t have a mouth full of metal for several years. Rather, you will have plastic aligners that are smooth and comfortable.
- You don’t have a restricted food list. Unlike traditional braces, when you choose to use Invisalign, then you won’t have a restricted food list.
- You can remove them for cleaning. Another pro for using Invisalign is that you can remove them for cleaning at any time. This means that you can clean them but you can also clean your teeth each night.
Here are the cons for choosing to use Invisalign:
- They may not work in certain cases. One main con for using Invisalign is that they may not work for extreme cases.
- They may take longer to work.
As you can see, the pros and cons will vary pending on your particular case. For instance, if your case is very extreme, then you cannot use Invisalign. In this case, the con would far outweigh the pro. However, it is up to you and your orthodontist to make the best decision for your needs. You can find the right orthodontist that offers a variety of teeth straightening methods in order to help you choose the right ones for your particular case.
If you are looking for the right orthodontist, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Amazing Smiles Orthodontics. They are the leading experts in orthodontic care and offer a variety of services that will help you improve your smile.