If you were to label the era the world currently finds itself in, one clear favorite among the list would the Internet Era. The Internet has changed the world in perhaps the most significant way since the invention of the wheel or the burning of fossil fuels. The Internet has connected people all across the globe, has increased the amount of knowledge available to anyone with an Internet connection, and has led to further technological advances. The Internet allows people to shop online, connect with relatives in far away countries, and to share and obtain information. For this reason, it makes sense that companies are now looking to the Internet to market their brands, products, and services. One of the keys to effectively marketing your company online is designing a stellar website. Many companies and individuals don’t understand how to design a website, so they look to professionals to take care of it for them. More and more companies have sprung up who offer website design services, so choosing the right one can be tricky. Who will give you the most bang for your buck? Who offers the widest variety of services? How do I know that the website they design for me will actually increase our business? To help you understand the answers to these questions, it is important to have a set of guidelines to help you choose the right company. Here are the top five things to look for in a web site designer.
1. Experience. The first thing to look for is experience. The ways in which people design websites changes over time. If the company you choose has experience, they will have all of the various trends and fads to pull from, thus making them capable of pulling the best things from each to design a website tailored to your specific needs.
2. Expertise. This is crucial. They must understand website design and how it plays into the greater goals of your company. Take the time to browse their website. If they have clear explanations of what they do, how they do it, and why, then you are looking at a company with expertise in their field.
3. Variety of platforms. This is important. Certain companies should run websites on certain platforms. The more platforms they offer, the more likely they are to have expertise in the one that will be the best for you.
4. Affordability. Although website designers shouldn’t be particularly cheap, they also shouldn’t break the bank. Find one with a competitive rate.
5. Marketing background. This is crucial. The purpose of a great website is to drive people to your site and turn them into customers. Thus, the company you choose must also have a strong background in marketing, so they understand how a website will play into your greater marketing strategy.
One great company that meets all of these criteria is Sunlight Media. Sunlight Media, a web design firm, also specializes in marketing. They have expertise and experience with the various platforms and will be sure to deliver what your company needs.