Siding is crucial to your new home. It comes in numerous different materials and styles and serves so many beneficial purposes. For example, siding can protect your home from weather, fire and decay. It can also insulate your house which will save you money in the long run in heating and cooling. Finally, it can help the aesthetic of your home and make it look beautiful. One of the most popular types of siding now a days is is vinyl siding. Vinyl siding is made of polyvinyl chloride (also known as PVC) and is one of the most cost effective ways to instal siding to your home. There are many reasons why vinyl siding can benefit your home. The list below will explain just a few of these
- Vinyl siding is available in numerous colors- Vinyl siding offers many options for homeowners who are looking for a unique style and color palette. Because of the PVC material, color can be blended right into the mixture, meaning the color won’t fade or chip. This is cost effective because it means you won’t need to spend money on paint touchups.
- Vinyl siding can be modeled after other materials like wood- If you like the look of wood but are worried about it rotting or becoming termite food, vinyl siding installation is a great option for you. It can mimic the look of natural wood without posing any of the threats that natural wood siding would.
- Vinyl siding can resist insect infestations and rotting- As mentioned above, wood is prone to rotting, mold and insect infestations like termites. These can be frustrating and costly problems to have with wood siding, but luckily, vinyl siding doesn’t have these problems, making it a great choice for homeowners.
- Vinyl siding is easy to maintain- Vinyl siding, unlike other types of siding, requires very little maintenance. If it begins to look dirty or dusty, simply drag out the hose and use it to spray down the siding. It will clean almost instantly and look as good as new. This ease of cleaning is very desirable to homeowners who don’t want to spend a lot of time on maintenance.
- Vinyl siding is cost effective- In comparison to other materials like stone and fiber cement, vinyl siding is on the cheaper side, ranging from about $2-$7 a square foot. In addition, vinyl siding provides a lot of extra insulation which will in turn, keep your heating and cooling costs down substantially, saving you a lot of money in the long run.
As you can see, vinyl siding is popular for many reasons. Experts at Lifetime Windows and Siding often recommend it for clients because of the many ways it can benefit their lifestyle and their wallets. Vinyl siding is a good choice for numerous homeowners because it can be customized to match the aesthetic of a home in both color and the look of the material as well as save money and provide a durable, long lasting protective shell for the home.